TAURON shares have been listed on the primary market of the Warsaw Stock Exchange since June 30, 2010. In 2014 TAURON’s share price fluctuated between PLN 4.04 and PLN 5.39 (at closing prices). During the last session of 2013 the share price was PLN 4.37. A year later the price reached PLN 5.05. The rate of return on an investment in the company’s shares was 20.07 percent in 2014.
In 2014 the WIG20 index dropped 3.54 percent and WIG30 declined 1.97 percent. The main reasons for the poor performance of the Polish stock market indices included the reform of the capital part of the pension system (”OFE reform”) and the uncertain geopolitical situation related to the conflict in Ukraine.
Energy sector companies performed much better than the overall market, resulting in WIG-Energia surging by more than 23.58 percent in 2014. As indicated by analysts, the main factors driving the valuation of utilities in 2014 were the cessation of electricity price decline and postponing large CAPEX allocated to expansion of generation capacity.
As of the end of 2014 TAURON Polska Energia shares were included in the following stock exchange indices:
- WIG – index including all the companies listed on WSE’s primary market meeting the basic criteria for inclusion in the indices. TAURON’s share in WIG: 1.835 percent
- WIG-Poland – index grouping solely shares of domestic companies listed on WSE’s primary market meeting the basic criteria for inclusion in the indices. TAURON’s share in WIG-Poland: 1.907 percent
- WIG20 – index calculated on the basis of the value of the portfolio of shares of the 20 largest and most liquid companies listed on WSE’s primary market. TAURON’s share in WIG20: 2.770 percent
- WIG30 – index including the 30 largest and most liquid companies listed on WSE’s primary market. TAURON’s share in WIG30: 2.550 percent
- WIG-Energia – sector based index comprising companies included in the WIG index classified as belonging to the energy sector. TAURON’s share in WIG-Energia: 16.514 percent
- Respect Index – index grouping companies operating in accordance with the highest corporate social responsibility standards. TAURON’s share in the RESPECT Index: 5.347 percent
- MSCI Emerging Markets Index – index including key companies listed on emerging market stock exchanges. TAURON’s share in the MSCI Emerging Markets Index: 0.0406 percent
- MSCI Poland Standard Index – index including more than 20 key companies listed on WSE. TAURON’s share in the MSCI Poland Standard Index: 2.3984 percent
- CECE Index – Vienna Stock Exchange index including the largest Central and Eastern European companies. TAURON’s share in the CECE index: 2.27 percent